Glencraig was produced in the Lomond stills and was named after Ballantine's production director William Craig. The spirit was used exclusively for blending.
The Lomond stills at Glenburgie were installed in 1958 by owners Ballantine's / Hiram Walker and produced Glencraig until 1981, at that time the adjusted column stills were pulled out and replaced with potstills.
Glencraig was never released as an offical bottling. However,a very small number of casks have been bottled by independent bottlers.